Fall is finally here! Personally, I am a whole fan of fall, I mean who doesn’t love when the leaves start to change colors and the weather starts to cool down. I understand why some people may not enjoy the cooler weather but to me that means I can finally wear my favorite pair of boots and not get weird looks from people! Fall is also the time to go pick apples and pumpkins.
Last weekend, I had my boyfriend take me to the local apple orchard so we could partake in these fall activities. Once we got back from the orchard, I had a bunch of apples and needed something to make with them. The first thing I could think of was apple pie and we decided to make just that!
Stir together the sugar, cinnamon, flour and salt.
Next stir in the apple slices.
Put one of the pie crusts on the bottom of the pie plate.
Pour the apple mixture into the pie pan and top with the other crust. Making sure to wrap and extra crust under the bottom crust layer. Bake at 450 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups apples, sliced
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Stir together the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt
- Mix in the apples to the sugar mixture
- Place one pie crust in the bottom of the pie plate
- Pour the apple mixture into the bottom crust and top with the remaining pie crust
- Pinch the edges of the crusts together
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- We decided to add ice cream to the top of our apple pie slices as we ate them and I would highly recommend it!