My brother, Nick, asked me to make him some cookies to have when he came to visit me at school so I decided to make something with ingredients I already had in my apartment that way I didn’t have to run to the store to make him these cookies. So I came up with the decision to make some butter cookies because how could you not be happy with cookies that are mainly butter right?!?!?! Sounds good to me!
First, cream together granulated sugar and butter. In a separate bowl mix together the flour and salt.
Next, add in the egg and vanilla. Then, mix in the flour and salt.
Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Once the dough has chilled, roll the dough into one inch balls and cook for 9 minutes.
When the cookies come out of the oven, transfer them to parchment paper on the counter and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Cream the granulated sugar and butter together
- Add in the egg and vanilla
- In a separate bowl mix the flour and salt
- Add the flour mixture to the mixer and combine
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour
- Roll into one inch balls and place on cookie sheet
- Bake for 9 minutes
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar
- You may need more or less powdered sugar depending on how much you want on top of the cookies