Apple pie is delicious on its own but when you transform it into bread form with layers of apples mixed with cinnamon and sugar it some how manages to get better!!
Start by beating sugar and butter together with an electric mixer. Once they are mixed together and creamy add eggs and vanilla.
In a separate bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon. In a third bowl, mix together flour and baking soda.
Combine the flour and baking soda mixture into the butter mixture. Mix in slowly until all of the flour mixture is incorporated. Then add the milk.
Grease and flour a loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into the pan and put the other half to the side. Gently put half the apples and half the cinnamon sugar mixture into the loaf pan and press down slightly.
Add the remaining batter to the pan. On top of the batter add the rest of the apples and cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour a loaf pan(9x5)
- Beat granulated sugar and butter in an electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour and baking soda. In another bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture until fully incorporated.
- Beat the milk into the batter.
- Pour half of the batter into the loaf pan. Place half of the apples and cinnamon sugar mixture into the loaf pan. Add in the remaining batter and top with the rest of the apples and cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- I used whole wheat flour but all purpose flour would work as well!