I had a big test coming up that I really needed to study for but something in me just knew that I needed to take a break from this studying that I was doing and what better thing to do during this break than to make a delicious dessert!! I am sure that my teacher will understand that making some chocolate peanut butter bars were a better decision that studying for his test. I mean just look at them, they look and tasted so good!
And to make things even better, they are not hard to bake and no time in the oven!! Except they do have to go in the fridge for a little but I could have studying in that time right?!?!
First, beat together butter and 1 1/4 cups of creamy peanut butter. Then mix in the powdered sugar and crushed graham crackers. Next mix in 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips. Once this is all mixed together push it into a greased 13×9 pan.
Put this in the fridge while you make the chocolate topping.
In a small sauce pan, melt the remaining chocolate chips and peanut butter. Stirring occasionally.
Once the chocolate chips are completely melted take the pan out of the fridge and pour this on top of the bars and spread it evenly over them. Put them in the fridge for an hour or until the chocolate is firm.
When the chocolate is firm, take them out of the fridge and cut them into bars and enjoy!!
Now maybe it is time to go back to studying…
- 3/4 Cup butter, softened
- 2 Cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 3 Cups of graham crackers, crushed
- 1 Package milk chocolate chips, 2 cups
- Grease 13x9 pan
- Beat together butter and 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
- Mix in powdered sugar and graham crackers
- Add in 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Place peanut butter mixture into the pan
- Put the pan in the fridge while making the chocolate topping
- Melt remaining chocolate chips and peanut butter in a saucepan
- Pour chocolate topping on the bars
- Put back in the fridge until the chocolate is firm
- Cut into bars
- I left my graham crackers a little bigger when I crushed them to add some crunch to the bars
- If you cannot wait as long to let the chocolate set, you can put them in the freezer to make it set faster