Rice cereal treats are a snack that I have always enjoyed and once you add chocolate to the mix they get ever better!!
First, melt butter and marshmallows in a sauce pan until smooth.
Then add the rice cereal and stir until completely combined. Once combined, spread rice cereal into a greased pan.
Cut the treats into square. Melt chocolate in a bowl deep enough to dip the ends of the treats in.
Dip the edge of each treat into the chocolate and place onto wax paper to dry.
Before the chocolate hardens add sprinkles on to the chocolate.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 10oz package marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 1 bag dark chocolate chips
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a sauce pan and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat
- Add rice cereal and stir until completely combined
- Spread into a greased pan and cut into squares
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl
- Dip the ends of the treats into the chocolate and place on wax paper
- Add Sprinkles
- Let the chocolate harden and enjoy
- When spreading into the pan add cooking spray to your spatula or wax paper so the cereal treats do not stick