Now that it is cold out, it is always a good idea to make food that will warm you up on the inside as well as satisfy your hunger need. I have just the recipe that tastes delicious and will warm you up! This cheddar broccoli soup recipe is sure to do the trick!
First dice one half of a medium onion and cook it in a pot with butter.
Next, whisk the flour in with the cooked onions until it it blended together. Then add in the milk stirring occasionally to prevent it from burning for two minutes. While this mixture is cooking, prepare the broccoli.
After the two minutes are up, add in the cream cheese and stir until it has all melted. Mix in cheese, broccoli, salt and pepper. Cook soup for five more minutes and then serve!
- Half a medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 2 Cups milk
- 4 Oz cream cheese
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese
- 10 Oz broccoli, cooked and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Additional cheese for topping
- Mix onions and butter in a pot and cook for 4 minutes, or until tender
- Whisk the flour in with the onions
- Stir in the milk and cook on medium heat for two minutes,while stirring
- Add in the cream cheese and cook until the it is melted
- Add in cheese, broccoli, salt and pepper
- Cook for five minutes and stir occasionally
- Add cheese to the top of the soup, if you want