Today is my first post in my blog and I decided the best way to start was with a recipe that includes one of my favorite ingredients, CHOCOLATE!
Pantry cookies have become a must have in our house, it’s finally something that we can all agree on eating!! Whether it is my dad and brother taking them to eat in their lunches or my mom and I snacking on some for dessert, they get eaten quickly. Besides that it is made with ingredients that can be found in most pantries!!
First step is to to cream together butter, brown sugar, white sugar and peanut butter. Next add an egg as well as an egg yolk and vanilla. Once these ingredients are mixed in the dough should be creamy. Now mix together flour baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture into the dough until it is entirely incorporated.
Mix in the oats. After the oats are mixed in, put in your milk and dark chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
Make balls of dough that are roughly one tablespoon each and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups oats
- 1 12oz bag peanut butter/chocolate chips
- 1 6oz bag dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars, and peanut butter.
- Add the egg and egg yolk to the mixing bowl. Add the vanilla and mix the dough.
- Add the flour mixture until completely incorporated.
- Mix in the oats.
- Mix in the peanut butter/chocolate chips and dark chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10 minutes.