You bought bananas last week when you went to the store but now they are starting to get bruised and you do not want to eat them but that does not mean that you have to waste them. Put those bruised bananas to good use and make banana bread!! Banana bread is one of my favorite things to make because it is something the entire family enjoys.
First, cream together the butter and sugar.
Then add the eggs and mix until completely combined. While the eggs are mixing in, combine flour and baking soda in a separate bowl.
Once combined mix into batter.
Next mix in the bananas and nuts.
Pour batter into a loaf pan greased and floured. Then add sugar and nuts to the top. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup + 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 bananas
- 1/4 cups +1 teaspoon pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour grease loaf pan
- Cream butter and 1 cup sugar together in mixer
- Mix in eggs
- Combine flour and baking soda in a separate bowl
- Mix in the flour mixture
- Mix in bananas and nuts
- Pour into loaf pan and add remaining sugar and nuts to the top of the banana bread
- Bake for one hour. The bread will be cooked completely when a toothpick comes out clean